Re: query

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

the following page might help you. Off this page is a tutorial on using the free u tube down loader program with NVDA. the page can be found at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html

when you are on the page you can jump down by headings to the tutorial. There is a link just under it to the tutorial

There is a audio one and i just looked there is a written one that is not linked at present, but will link it shortly.

gene nz

On 6/19/2017 8:56 PM, anthony borg wrote:

Hi folks

Can somebody explain to me how to use the youtube downloader with NVDA, to be able to download something from youtube please? 

Thanks in advance

Anthony

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: 19 June 2017 10:12
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: query

I can't speak for Joseph but when I read the exchange, you asking about where to get the add on isn't the issue at all.  the issue is that you said you weren't going to use the e-mail app until it was straightened out when Joseph was explaining that the e-mail app works properly with the Windows 10 app and was giving you explicit instructions to see if the problem is caused by not using the app or by using an old version. 

Then, when you cooled off, you decided to try what Joseph suggested, but the frustration caused by your previous messages has already been caused and it doesn't just disappear right away.  I've seen you do this before with other people who have been trying to help with other problems.  If you do this, I can't speak for Joseph but my reaction to such behavior is, fine, if you don't want my help, I'll stop trying.  then when you decide to try to solve the problem after all, I'll probably decide to help again but that doesn't mean I'm still not annoyed about what you did previously. 

If you want help, please cool off before you respond and don't write  things, in the heat of frustration and annoyance, that you decide to not act on shortly after.  If you are angry or frustrated, waiting for a time before responding will help you control such negative behavior that really puts those who are trying to help you off.

Gene

-=-----

Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 10:57 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] looks like the new add-on worked

Hi, Joseph,

I do agree that we all should try different things before we give up. That goes for anything in life—not just technology. I remember one time trying to learn how to knit socks but after a while, I discovered it was hard for me and I really put forth the effort to do it. The main thing is that I have the mail app working like I want it to now.

Rosemarie

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 8:38 PM

Hi Rosemarie,

The other thing I wanted you and others to learn is trying out various routes before giving up.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 8:36 PM

Hi, Joseph,

The main thing I learned is patience. I’ve been on technical lists where I felt my questions weren’t being answered even though I tried to the best of my ability to explain what was going on. I’m not quite the technical person some of you on here are so it’s not always easy to explain things. I guess I’ll just go to the add-ons site and look for myself from now on. That’s all I have to say.

Rosemarie

Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 8:13 PM

Hi Rosemarie,

So what did you learn from this situation? I hope you learned at least three things today.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 8:03 PM
Subject: [nvda] looks like the new add-on worked

Hi, everyone,

I just installed the new add-on and now the mail app is working like a charm. Sorry for all the frustration.

Rosemarie

--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.