Re: how do you close the microsoft edge browser?

Gene

As long as you only have one tab opened, alt f4 will close the program.  If you have more than one tab opened, alt f4 presents a message you have to respond to.  I don't use Edge but based on other comments, it is similar to the message Firefox presents asking you if you want to close all tabs.  You couldn't close the program with alt f4 because you didn't respond to the message, a message you will see and hear now that you are using the latest Windows 10 accessibility add on.  I don't remember its exact name.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2017 2:58 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] how do you close the microsoft edge browser?

Hi, Chris,

Apparently it is. That could be why Microsoft will do away with IE sometime soon. Believe it or not, I was able to close edge with alt F-4 after reading the weather forcast for my area.

Rosemarie

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, June 19, 2017 12:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

I, personally prefer IE, but, I've converted to Chrome, as I hear that even on an up to date system with all security patches, IE's quite insecure in very many respects.

Is that altogether true?

---
Christopher Gilland
Co-founder of Genuine Safe Haven Ministries

Sent: Monday, June 19, 2017 3:20 AM

I think that Internet Explorer will be around for a year, perhaps two.  Accessibility is improving with Edge but I don't think Microsoft will stop security updates for Internet Explorer until accessibility with Edge is good.  Also, I question whether Edge will have any meaningful advantages over Firefox or Chrome.  Unless you are just curious and want to play with Edge, it is probably a much better idea to use one or both of these other browsers. 

Gene

Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 8:29 PM

Hi, Gene NZ,

Thanks very much for your help. I figure it's time I learned how to use edge because I don't know how soon internet explorer will be no more. The written tutorial did help a lot.

Thanks again for your help.

Rosemarie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 6:03 PM

Hi

the following page might help you. It is the nvda tutorials for other programs page which is found at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html

When you are on it jump down by headings to the section that says about Microsoft edge, a page come off that and hopefully will help you with it.

Gene nz

On 6/19/2017 12:30 PM, Pascal Lambert wrote:

Hi,

While we are on the subject of Edge, how do you get to the menus?  How do you get to the favorits?

Many thanks

Blessings

Pascal

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 7:48 PM

Hi,

Ah, you may have multiple tabs open. Try pressing Control+W repeatedly until Edge closes.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 4:41 PM

Hi, Roger,

I still can't close the browser. I can't even go to the file menu to close it. I'm heaqring a youtube videoon edge but want to get out of it! This is frustrating! What do I do now?

Rosemarie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 4:33 PM

I tried alt F-4 but it didn't work. I'll give it another try. Maybe I didn't close it correctly.

Rosemarie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Roger Stewart
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 4:26 PM

I've just played with it a bit, but was always able to close it with alt f4 just like any other program.

Roger

On 6/18/2017 6:20 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

I decided to play with edge a little bit but I had trouble closing the browser. I had to go to the desktop and then shut down. There has to be a way to close it like you do other browsers.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

--

Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.