Sent: Monday, June 19, 2017 3:40 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Important directive for Windows 10 users: there is a reason why Windows 10 App Essentials add-on is out there...

Joseph, though I do understand where you are coming from and the frustration
you feel, I do honestly have sympathy with the end user who just wants a
reliable system.
Microsoft have to shoulder a good deal of the blame for what their changes
cause. I'm not suggesting in any way that they are deliberately  screwing
things up here, just that they  really do not test stuff enough. For people
who do not use special builds of windows, ie insiders, or nvda. I do not
think it unreasonable to expect continuity and after a while people do get
fed up with having the rug pulled from under them on a regular basis by
software makers, be that Microsoft or anyone else.
 So yes, in a development environment you would be justified in being
annoyed, but when people are trying to run their lives day to day and keep
encountering stones in the road and potholes not of their own making  it is,
I think understandable if people get fed up and take the easy option.
 I have I know said much of this before, but like most of us, I have had to
try to help people in real life away from this place and been almost
embarrassed when you eventually track down the issue to the actual changes
in the software and nothing to do with the end user, except that he or she
happens to be blind.

I'll shut up now and  be quiet, bite my lip etc for a while. I nearly bought
a new laptop last week but after reading about all the win 10 issues decided
not to bother.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.