Re: Important directive for Windows 10 users: there is a reason why Windows 10 App Essentials add-on is out there...

Well said.
---
Christopher Gilland

Sent: Monday, June 19, 2017 2:27 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Important directive for Windows 10 users: there is a reason why Windows 10 App Essentials add-on is out there...

Hi,
Messages like the one below always cause me great concern when I encounter
them on lists such as this.
For the record I'd like to say the following in the interest of balance. I
like many others had my baptism by fire as it were emersion into Windows
necessitated by the death of my Windows 7 machine. And I would like to
proclaim that my experience while involving a slight learning curve as
moving to a new operating system version often does was relatively painless
and seamless. I took it upon myself to learn as much as I could about any
significant changes and I also composed a list of keystrokes that might have
changed and anything I might want to change for optimal screen reader usage
in the new environment to make my transition as easy as possible. the latter
was minimal in the case of Windows 10.
It is one thing to state something as an opinion such as I feel that or it's
been my experience that Windows 10 is unreliable; but to make a blanket
statement that it is so as though it is fact for all is at the very least
misleading and at its worst is blatantly erroneous.
I've been using Windows 10 for 18 or so months now and over all I've found
it to be quite stable in terms of performance.

I mean no disrespect and hope I've offended no one especially the moderators
by that which I've said. I just hate to think of someone holding back from
updating a current machine, purchasing a new machine or feeling like they
must completely abandon an operating system solely on the basis of opinions
as opposed to facts. If someone chooses to make a purchase based on that
which works best for them that's one thing I'd just hate for such to be
fueled by that which promotes fear as opposed to fostering enlightenment or
learning something new.
Respectfully,
Robin