Re: Taking back the directive: RE: [nvda] Important directive for Windows 10 users: there is a reason why Windows 10 App Essentials add-on is out there...

Tony Ballou

Hey Joseph,

Don't worry mate, all of us have to let off some steam every once in a while it happens. Personally, I can't count the number of times I've been  there and done that.  Just keep the good work coming my friend.

Tony  

On 6/19/2017 11:09 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Perhaps overreaction from my part may have led to this… What was meant to be a way to ease support may have led to unintended consequences. I throw my hands in the air: given some strong community reactions, I’ll take back the add-on directive, as well as extending self-imposed moderation on my post until end of June (i.e. I won’t say anything on this list for a while).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brandon Cross
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2017 6:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Important directive for Windows 10 users: there is a reason why Windows 10 App Essentials add-on is out there...

Here's the problem, an addon is just that, something you bolt on, or tack on to a piece of software to extend it, or give it some added functionality. Just because you have developed addons, does not give you the right to issue directives on high to anyone, for any reason. This is egotistical and arrogant, and while I'm sure you have good intentions at heart, my blood boiled when I saw that. We are all not like you, we all don't run the latest insider fast ring builds. Some of us only have one machine, either that, or we just prefer to use something that's going to be more stable. I personally have made the choice to stay clear of insider builds after several bad experiences with them across two separate machines. You probably have a core of testers who will do what you want them to do, or need them to do, the rest of us are just end-users, and are not subject to your whims, no matter how much they may help you in the future. I honestly wonder if anyone else didn't blow up at those words. I don't usually like to partake in back and forth drama, but this just takes the cake as far as I'm concerned. You're an addon dev and work with the NVDA team, this does not make you god. You need to learn that right off. I personally use a few of your addons and enjoy them, and appreciate the work you put into them, however, as I mentioned above, the narcissism needs to stop from you.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.