Re: attempting to instal the google hangouts plugin to firefox

I do not attempt to use Hangouts with Firefox, only with Chrome, and the desktop app is pretty much an extension to Chrome that keeps running when Chrome has no window open and is running in the background.  This is the direct link to the Google Chrome Desktop App in the Google Chrome Store.  If you click through in any browser other than Chrome you will be notified at the top of the store's webpage, "You will need Google Chrome to install most apps, extensions and themes," and a link is presented to the download for the Chrome browser itself.

All of the add-ons in Firefox (as opposed to extensions in Chrome) related to Hangouts are, as far as I can see, written by third parties.  It's not that I don't use third-party add-ons, because I do, but have not done so for any of the Google services in any browser.