Re: Using NVDA sleep mode in an application

Gene

It won't work because when NVDA is asleep, by definition, no NVDA commands will work.  Being asleep means it does nothing.  The only command that will work is the command to wake it up again.  If it seems to work it is because, if you turn sleep on, then leave the Window and return, sleep will resume.  But that will happen whether you save the configuration or not.  NVDA is asleep whenever you reenter the window for that application during that session of NVDA running unless you turn sleep off in that application.  But the setting can't be saved and it won't carry over from session to session.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 3:53 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using NVDA sleep mode in an application

Hi,

Unfortunately, this isn’t working for me. I’ll let someone explain why.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tony Ballou
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 1:50 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using NVDA sleep mode in an application

Hi Frank,

I believe you can. When you are working in that self voicing program, and you have NVDA in sleep mode, hit NVDA-control-c this will save the current configuration settings and the next time you're in that self voicing program, NVDA should automatically go into sleep mode. Hope that makes sense.

Tony 

On 6/21/2017 2:01 PM, Frank Ventura wrote:

Hi all, I have a self voicing application. When I launch the application I can put NVDA to sleep using CAPS LOCK SHIFT Z and that orks. However, I need to do it everytime I launch that application. Is there a means of setting that automatically for that application?

Thanks

Frank

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.