Re: Copying and Retaining Formatting

Tony Ballou

Hi Gene,

Right on buddy.  To my knowledge there isn't an option for that, or if there is, I haven't been looking in the right places.  and for a quick update on my previous post, you did have to use the bypass command in order to perform the copying and pasting of the formatting. If my thinkings right it bypass then the command of copying, then hitting the bypass again then pasting it. Got to get out of here, running late.

Tony

On 6/21/2017 12:02 PM, Gene wrote:

I don't know if this needs to be dealt with in part in Word but the original source is a web page and the screen-reader definitely affects what is copied from the web page depending on what settings are available governing this.  If no settings are vailable, content will be altered and you can't do anything about it while the screen-reader is running.  JAWS has an option that allows you to copy from the MSAA buffer or more or less directly from the web page.  I don't remember the actual names of these options.  NVDA doesn't have such an option.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 10:06 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Copying and Retaining Formatting

I would think this would be a feature of Word rather than the screen reader.  Have you done a Google search on retaining source formatting when pasting into Word or checked out the advanced section of the Word options?  I only have Word 2007 and don't  know if later versions have changed but if I press alt f and select 'Word Options' from the menu, select 'Advanced' from the list box, there is something about pasting options in there.

Cheers
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tony Ballou
Sent: 21 June 2017 12:25
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Copying and Retaining Formatting

Hi,

I don't believe so, and if there is, I would sure like to know it myself. I remember jaws having such a feature when I was using it back in the day.

Tony
On 6/19/2017 12:25 PM, kelby carlson wrote:
> All,
>
> Is there a way to copy text from a webpage into a Word document while
> retaining the formatting/fontheadings of the text intact? When I copy
> and paste normally this does not happen, and it was a feature in JAWS.
>
>
>

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.