Re: Using NVDA sleep mode in an application

Tony Ballou

Hi,

Good to know, I haven't done much with profiles in NVDA though I have had a student ask me about that so, I'll be checking it out.

Tony

On 6/21/2017 4:54 PM, Frank Ventura wrote:

Thank you very much, that was very simple and it worked.

Sincerely
Frank Ventura
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 21, 2017, at 4:51 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

After creating the profile, close the Configuration Profiles window. Switch to the app, and the app-specific profile will become active. At this point, press Control+NVDA+S to open Synthesizer dialog and choose ‘no speech” and press ENTER. Then switch away from the app and back to the app to make sure NVDA would become silent.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Frank Ventura
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 1:48 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using NVDA sleep mode in an application

OK, thanks I created a new profile for that application. How do I tell the profile to use no speech?

Sincerely

Frank Ventura

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 21, 2017, at 4:43 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

The most effective solution is an app module that’ll put NVDA to sleep for this app. The second best solution is to use an app-specific profile and change speech synthesizer to “no speech” for this app.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Frank Ventura
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 1:34 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using NVDA sleep mode in an application

Thanks once I set up a profile just for application how do I could figure it to you sleep mode?

Sincerely

Frank Ventura

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 21, 2017, at 4:28 PM, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

Hi

You could always setup a profile to put nvda to sleep I am pretty sure it would work for that application.

Tene nz

On 6/22/2017 6:01 AM, Frank Ventura wrote:

Hi all, I have a self voicing application. When I launch the application I can put NVDA to sleep using CAPS LOCK SHIFT Z and that orks. However, I need to do it everytime I launch that application. Is there a means of setting that automatically for that application?

Thanks

Frank

--

Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.