Re: nvda speaking in a foreign language

Rosemarie Chavarria

Yes, I did see it under trouble shooting.

Hi Marv

there are 2 places i would check.

is the language on the menus in nvda not in english as well? or is it when it is reading stuff?

the first one i would check is

press the nvda key + ctrl key + the letter G. When it appears it should default to the language combo box. Is this set to user default? if you are not sure press the letter U until you hear NVDA say user default.

Then tab down to the ok button then press the enter key. it might be set automatically to save your configuration.

the second place to check is under the voice settings.

you can use the nvda key + ctrl key + letter V to get to this section quickly.

When it comes up  check the following places .

NVDA should default to the voice box i think it is called. if it is english you speak use the letter E until you hear NVDA say english, you might have to do it a couple of times until you get it.

then after it is back to english then tab down to the ok button then press the enter key.

You might have this check box also check but will usually only do it on a webpage. make sure it is unchecked plus the one after it..

Automatic language switching (when supported)

If you are back to English and happey with your settings then you can save them with the ctrl key + nvda key + the letter C.

hope the above helps.

come to think of it there was a audio tutorial on the first one of how to get that part fixed under the nvda audio tutorials page. I think it was under trouble shooting.

hope the above helps.

Gene nz

On 6/21/2017 5:10 PM, marvin kotler wrote:
good evening list; marv here.  Having a problem with nvda; when I loaded it, it was speaking in a language I do not understand.  Want to have it speak english; how do I accomplish this? I even uninstalled and reinstalled nvda with the same language results.  Any help getting it back to english would be appreciated.
Marv