From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: Thursday, 22 June 2017 11:58
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] reading status bar

Hello all

I can confirm that I, too, can no longer get NVDA to read the status line in both MS Word 2013 and the latest updated versions of Thunderbird. I am using the following version of NVDA:

NonVisual Desktop Access (NVDA)
Version: next-14124,08a2b888

But the inability to read these status lines started some snapshots back already, can't remember exactly when.

In Thunderbird when I give the command to read the status line, NVDA just says: "blank". In MS Word it says: "Navigation". I have tried this in both Object Review mode and Screen Review mode with exactly the same results. In both cases the screen is maximised.

Kind regards

Christo

On 2017/06/22 12:33 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Hello

Let's clarify!

1 - The command to read the status bar is:
Desktop layout - NVDA+End
Laptop layout - NVDA+Shift+End

2 - The End key is the one found on the six-pad between the letters
and numeric keyboard, normally above the arrow keys.

Rui

-----Mensagem Original----- De: Don H
Data: 21 de junho de 2017 22:26
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] reading status bar

When I use nvda key shift end NVDA says no previous review mode.

On 6/21/2017 4:24 PM, George McCoy wrote:
NVDA shift end is what you want.

George

-----Original Message----- From: Don H
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] reading status bar

Running latest NVDA and Win 10. In the NVDA documentation it says
that NVDA key and the end key reads the status bar. Does not do it for me.
What am I doing wrong?