Re: How to read Command Prompt using NVDA

Pete <emac00@...>

Hi David
Insert + plus keys on the number pad moves the nvda reading cursor to the bottom line in the command prompt.
7 8 9 reviews line by line 7 goes up a line and 9 goes down a line. 8 reads current line.
4 5 6 read by word 4 left a word 5 6 right a word and 5 reads current word.
1 2 3 go by characters 1 left a char 3 right a char and 2 reads current char.
btw
I tried using the dosbox program and nvda doesn't read it.
Not sure about portable / laptop keys.
Pete

On 4/5/2016 10:18 PM, David wrote:
Hi all,
I know that NVDA can read Command Prompt but what I want to know is how do you read line by line? NVDA only seems to read the first line when I down arrow. If anybody knows how to read it line by line with NVDA, let me know.

David