NVDA: PROBLEM SELECTING IN MS WORD 2016RE: [nvda] reading status bar

Christo Vorster

Hi Group

We are experiencing a problem selecting text in MS Word 2016.

I'm not quite sure when the problem started, but the situation is the following.

When selecting several paragraphs it sometimes happen that NVDA simply says "530 characters selected", or whatever the number might be. We have found that anything below 500 characters is no problem, but 500 and more is a problem.

I tested it and copied the log report. I'll copy the log into this mail.

We would appreciate it if the developers could look into the matter as the students we work with are not always as skilled as many of the rest of us. It become somewhat confusing to them

Regards

Christo Vorster (South Africa)

INFO - __main__ (07:08:43):
Starting NVDA
INFO - core.main (07:08:43):
Config dir: C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Roaming\nvda
INFO - config.ConfigManager._loadConfig (07:08:43):
INFO - core.main (07:08:43):
NVDA version 2017.1
INFO - core.main (07:08:43):
Using Windows version 10.0.14393 workstation
INFO - core.main (07:08:43):
Using Python version 2.7.13 (v2.7.13:a06454b1afa1, Dec 17 2016, 20:42:59) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
INFO - core.main (07:08:43):
Using comtypes version 0.6.2
INFO - synthDriverHandler.setSynth (07:08:45):
Loaded synthDriver eloquence
INFO - core.main (07:08:45):
Using wx version 3.0.2.0 msw (classic)
INFO - braille.initialize (07:08:45):
Using liblouis version 3.0.0
INFO - braille.BrailleHandler.setDisplayByName (07:08:46):
Loaded braille display driver noBraille, current display has 0 cells.
INFO - brailleInput.initialize (07:08:46):
Braille input initialized
WARNING - core.main (07:08:46):
Java Access Bridge not available
INFO - _UIAHandler.UIAHandler.MTAThreadFunc (07:08:46):
UIAutomation: IUIAutomation3
INFO - external:globalPlugins.NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin.GlobalPlugin.__init__ (07:08:52):
Loaded NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin version 5.0.1
INFO - core.main (07:08:53):
NVDA initialized
INFO - updateCheck.AutoUpdateChecker._started (07:08:54):
Performing automatic update check
ERROR - RPC process 6868 (nvda_slave.exe) (07:10:39):
__main__.main:
slave error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "nvda_slave.pyw", line 90, in main
File "comHelper.pyo", line 22, in _lresultFromGetActiveObject
File "comtypes\client\__init__.pyo", line 180, in GetActiveObject
File "comtypes\__init__.pyo", line 1165, in GetActiveObject
File "_ctypes/callproc.c", line 950, in GetResult
Data: 21 de junho de 2017 22:26
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] reading status bar

When I use nvda key shift end NVDA says no previous review mode.

On 6/21/2017 4:24 PM, George McCoy wrote:
NVDA shift end is what you want.

George

-----Original Message----- From: Don H
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] reading status bar

Running latest NVDA and Win 10. In the NVDA documentation it says
that NVDA key and the end key reads the status bar. Does not do it for me.
What am I doing wrong?