Re: Finding headers doesn't work.

John J. Boyer

Disabling Windows 10 App
Essentials has no effect. In the browse mode menu I checked Include Layout Tables. That had no effect either. I don't
see anything else in the NVDA menus that seems relevant.

John

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 06:45:48AM +0000, Felix G. wrote:
Hello,
it would be helpful if the person who updated your pc could provide a
protocol of what they did exactly, then we could go over those items to see
which of them might interfere with your navigation keys.
Greetings,
Felix

Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> schrieb am Fr., 23. Juni 2017 um
08:17 Uhr:

Ok, if you disable the Win 10 app essentials, does Browse mode work? You
can either go into the add-ons manager and disable it specifically or press
NVDA+q and rather than just pressing ENTER to quit NVDA, press the down
arrow to "Restart with Add-ons disabled" and then press ENTER to see if
Browse mode works without addons running.

Also, when you say you can't press single letter navigation keys such as H
or 1 for headings, what happens? Do you get a message or a particular
sound?

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 3:54 PM, John J. Boyer <
john.boyer@...> wrote:

I am deaf-blind, and I use braille. I've checked the user guide and tried
switching in and out of browse mode in
Firefox. The single-letter navigation keys such as h just don't work. The
add-on manager says that Windows 10 App
Essentials is running. I've never had problems with the header keys
before. this is very frustrating.

John

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 05:42:55AM +0000, Gene New Zealand wrote:
hi

if you want to know which mode you are in on the net you can have this
spoken out instead of the sounds.

press the ctrl + nvda key + the letter B

When this dialogue box appears tab down until you hear NvDA say Audio
indication of focus and browse modes and uncheck this box, then tab down to
the ok button then press the enter key.

Now you should hear NVDA say browse mode where you can use ssingle
letter navigation keys and focus mode when in a edit box. it can be
switched between the 2 modes with the nvda key + space bar if you did not
hear what it said.

Gene nz

On 6/23/2017 5:14 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:

I've tried the header keys in firefox, Chrome and Edge. They don't work
in any of them. How would I know if I am in
browse mode?

Thanks,
John

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 12:43:49PM +1000, Quentin Christensen wrote:

Hi John,

Which browser are you in? And are you definitely in Browse mode?

If you could give us some more information please, that would be great!

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 12:36 PM, John J. Boyer <
john.boyer@...<mailto:john.boyer@...>>
wrote:

I had someone update my PC remotely. Among other things he installed the
Windows 10 Ap Essentials add-on. Now the keys
that are supposed to jump to headers, such as h 1, 2, etc. don't work.
Why is this, and what is the fix?

Thanks,
John

--