None of the quick navigation keys work. I'll get in touch with the person who updated my computer.

Thanks,
John

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 10:11:57AM +0100, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I would first disable the add on in tools etc, then see if it works. At
least that would remove that variable.
My worry here is this, do any of the quick navigation keys work, ie l b e
etc?
If not could it possibly be that something has deregistered a vital file in
windows. I've seen this if that math display program or some office products
are removed. In that case then you really need local help I'd suggest to fix
it. Be interesting to know what exactly was updated.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "John J. Boyer"
<john.boyer@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 6:54 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Finding headers doesn't work.

I am deaf-blind, and I use braille. I've checked the user guide and tried
switching in and out of browse mode in
Firefox. The single-letter navigation keys such as h just don't work. The
add-on manager says that Windows 10 App
Essentials is running. I've never had problems with the header keys
before. this is very frustrating.

John

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 05:42:55AM +0000, Gene New Zealand wrote:
hi

if you want to know which mode you are in on the net you can have this
spoken out instead of the sounds.

press the ctrl + nvda key + the letter B

When this dialogue box appears tab down until you hear NvDA say Audio
indication of focus and browse modes and uncheck this box, then tab down
to the ok button then press the enter key.

Now you should hear NVDA say browse mode where you can use ssingle
letter navigation keys and focus mode when in a edit box. it can be
switched between the 2 modes with the nvda key + space bar if you did
not hear what it said.

Gene nz

On 6/23/2017 5:14 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:

I've tried the header keys in firefox, Chrome and Edge. They don't work
in any of them. How would I know if I am in
browse mode?

Thanks,
John

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 12:43:49PM +1000, Quentin Christensen wrote:

Hi John,

Which browser are you in? And are you definitely in Browse mode?

If you could give us some more information please, that would be great!

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 12:36 PM, John J. Boyer <
john.boyer@...<mailto:john.boyer@...>> wrote:

I had someone update my PC remotely. Among other things he installed the
Windows 10 Ap Essentials add-on. Now the keys
that are supposed to jump to headers, such as h 1, 2, etc. don't work.
Why is this, and what is the fix?

Thanks,
John

--