From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Travis Siegel
Sent: 22 June 2017 17:28
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Google Chrome

Once again, I have to restate this.

Using the activate bookmarks keystroke still requires an additional keystroke to get to the bookmark list, whether it be the alt-shift-b or the f6, or something else.  The navigation is with right/left arrows, to go through the bookmarks, and down/up arrows to expand/collapse different categories. as it classifies all book marks in groups, and some folks may not want that grouping.

When using the control-shift-o keystroke, you're placed in a full-screen layout of the bookmarks, and you can simply tab to the list of bookmarks, then arrow up/down through the bookmarks to get to the one you want, and there are no subcategories, no expanding/collapsing is necessary, and all the bookmarks are in one long single list.

There is the issue with double speech in that the speech reads the bookmark you just left, then the one that is currently highlighted, which can be annoying, but this should be fixable with some sort of highlight tracking modifications, or in the chrome NVDA module.  I've not made any attempt to do so, but it should be possible to have the speech read only the currently highlighted item instead of both of them.

In any case, these two views are presented in very different ways, and some folks may prefer one over the other, so a mention of both methods is not out of order here.

On 6/22/2017 10:43 AM, Steve Nutt wrote:

Or Alt-Shift-B will do it.

All the best

Steve