Re: about one of new features in nvda 2017.2

i am sure that there is one settings that deactivate this feature.
i realy cant used to it!
how can i restore previous behaviour of nvda?

On 6/23/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
I didn't understand why people wanted this feature and I'm not saying it
shouldn't be there. I'd have to see the reasons it was implemented. But
having said that, it seems cumbersome and I question the value of having a
line of text read alpha numerically. NVDA already can read the current word
alpha numerically. I would think those who need such would be far better
served by moving to the word they want clarified and using read current
word.

As far as your problem is concerned, it will take a little getting used to,
but you can work around the problem and after you get used to it. I would
think it would become easy once you get used to it. Press Read current line
twice to hear it spelled. Then, if you want to hear it spelled again and it
hasn't finished being spelled, press control to stop speech and again issue
read current line twice quickly. Pressing control resets the command so
pressing twice will always cause the line to be spelled.