List of Utilities that Make Windows 10 More Like Windows 7

Hello Folks,

Let me start this off by saying that Windows 10 is great. I have no problems with it. However, some parts of it just aren't what they used to be. Here is a list of programs that make Windows 10 behave more like Windows 7.

Classic Shell:
Classic Shell gives you the old classic start menu, among other things.
http://www.classicshell.net/

Old Task Manager:
When I first updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10, the first thing that really irritated me was the new task manager. It was slow, cumbersome and annoying. So, I found a quick, easy and safe way to get it back. Just download the file, unzip it, run setup, and let it guide you through the steps. You should choose full installation, and uncheck the desktop icon check boxes when they come up. Also, once the task manager is installed, open it by pressing CTRL+Shift+escape. Next press alt and locate the "options" menu item. Press enter, and locate the "Hide When Minimized" option and uncheck it by pressing enter. Next, press alt again, and find the "View" subMenu. Press enter, and locate the "Update Speed" subMenu and press enter on it. Set this to normal by locating the menu item and pressing enter. That's it. You now have the classic task manager from Windows 7 in Windows 10.
http://www.noahcarver.com/files/tm_cfg_win8-win10.zip

UBitMenu (Not Tested Myself but have heard it works)
UBitMenu makes itself a new tab in your MS Office ribbon menu. Just activate this tab and you have the classic menus from MS Office 2003 in your up-to-date copy of MS Office.
Note: Although I have not tested this myself, other users have reported this works with NVDA.
http://www.ubit.ch/software/ubitmenu-languages/

Ribbon Disabler
Ribbon Disabler removes the ribbon tab from Windows Explorer, replacing it with the classic menu bar. Download the file, and unzip it. Next, look at the folder. If you are running a 64-bit copy of Windows 10, run the file called "Ribbon disabler3 x64". If running a 32-bit copy of Windows 10, run the file called "Ribbon disabler3". Once the program opens, click the button labeled "Disable Ribbon Explorer ". The program should ask you to log off. Do so, Next, log back on... and boom. To uninstall, just run the program you ran earlier. You will be presented with a button that says "Enable Ribbon Explorer". Click it. Again, you should be prompted to log off and back on. Your Windows Explorer should look normal again.
http://grossgang.com/utilities/RibbonDisabler.zip

Hope these utilities help you. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions on more programs to add to this list, please reply.

Noah T. Carver
http://noahcarver.com