Do I need the Java Access Bridge? Re: [nvda] To the deaf blind person with browse mode issues..

John J. Boyer

I turned off the audio indication. My Braille display is now showing changes from browse mode to focus mode and vice
versa. I restarted NVDA and looked at the Log viewer. There was a warning that the Java access bridge was not
available. Could this account for the fact that the header and other quick nhavigation keys do not work and also for the
fact that NVDA is having trouble detecting which window is active. it won't switch from a closed window to the active
one until a dialog box comes up in the active one.

Thanks,
John

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 09:46:42AM +0100, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
jamie says this.

If you turn off "Audio indication of focus and browse modes", a message will
be used instead. That message is presented in both speech and braille.

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org