Re: Do I need the Java Access Bridge? Re: [nvda] To the deaf blind person with browse mode issues..

Gene

The JAVA access bridge has no effect on what NVDA sees or does unless you are running an actual JAVA program.  Most people don't have the JAVA Access Bridge and it makes no difference.  Your problem is caused by something else.

Sent: Monday, June 26, 2017 4:55 AM
Subject: Do I need the Java Access Bridge? Re: [nvda] To the deaf blind person with browse mode issues..

I turned off the audio indication. My Braille display is now showing changes from browse mode to focus mode and vice
versa. I restarted NVDA and looked at the Log viewer. There was a warning that the Java access bridge was not
available. Could this account for the fact that the header and other quick nhavigation keys do not work and also for the
fact that NVDA is having trouble detecting which window is active. it won't switch from a closed window to the active
one until a dialog box comes up in the active one.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer