Re: Accessibility in Inbox by Gmail - Inbox by Gmail Help

Aravind R

friends,
i require to delete all mails from GMail which i received from one
particular person.
is there any way to do this?

On 4/7/16, Kevin Chao <kevinchao89@...> wrote:
This is inbox.google.com and keyboard shortcuts should work in IE11

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 3:40 AM HBotma <ehlbotma@...> wrote:

Hi Group

I recently started using Gmail inbox with NVDA and Mozilla FireFox. It
works very well, but for the purposes of my Internet classes, I teach the
students the old way, because Inbox doesn't work that well with Internet
Explorer, and very few of them will have access to Internet when they
leave
the college and even fewer will be able to download FireFox on their
computers without help. These students are total beginners and Internet
access is limited in South Africa.

If the shortcuts worked in Internet Explorer as well, I would teach them
this way, because it is a lot quicker and simpler than going through
basic
HTML view.

Regards
Heaven

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 7:01 AM, Kevin Chao <kevinchao89@...> wrote:

I don't use Thunderbird.
I only use Inbox on web (NVDA/VoiceOver/ChromeVox), iOS VoiceOver, and
Android TalkBack
On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 9:54 PM Afrim <afrim.maja@...> wrote:

Hello,
Thanks for sharing this application with us.
In terms of features and reliability, is it better than mozilla
thunderbird?
Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 7, 2016, at 3:06 AM, Kevin Chao <kevinchao89@...> wrote:

https://support.google.com/inbox/answer/6083800

Computer accessibility

Inbox is compatible with the following screen readers:
Operating systemScreen readerBrowser
Chrome OS ChromeVox Chrome
Microsoft Windows NVDA Firefox
Mac OS X Yosemite VoiceOver Safari

When you open Inbox for the first time, Inbox provides introductory
information about how to use the application. You can navigate through
these introductory screens with the left and right arrow keys.
Compose and reply

To reply to an email, start typing in the Reply box below the email. To
get to more options, like changing the recipients, editing quoted text,
or
replying inline, just expand the compose window by selecting Pop out
reply [image:
Pop out reply].
Keyboard shortcuts

For the best experience, turn on keyboard shortcuts in Inbox. The
following table contains some useful shortcuts. To find a complete list
while you're using Inbox, hold *Shift* and press *?* on your keyboard.
Learn how to turn on keyboard shortcuts
<https://support.google.com/inbox/answer/6080523>.
ShortcutAction
? Open keyboard shortcuts help
c Compose
t Create a reminder
Home Navigate to first item in main list
j or right arrow Navigate to next item in main list
k or left arrow Navigate to previous item in main list
n Navigate to next message in an open thread
p Navigate to previous message in an open thread
o or Enter Open focused item
Esc Close
Shift + Esc Focus main window
Shift + m Focus main menu
Shift + b Focus notifications
x Select or deselect an item in the main list
Shift + x Select multiple items
z Undo last action

*Tip:* To improve keyboard navigation, you can make notifications stay
on screen for 30 seconds. Then you can press *Shift + b* to navigate to
the notification and take an action. To make notifications stay on the
screen longer:

1. Open Inbox <https://inbox.google.com/>.
2. In the top left, go to the main menu [image: Main menu].
3. Choose [image: Settings] *Settings* at the bottom.
4. Choose *Other*.
5. Check the box next to "Make notifications stay on the screen
longer."
6. Select *Done*.
7.

r. aravind,