From: Gene New Zealand
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 5:01 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Stratford man becomes New Zealand's expert
oninternational screen-reading programme | Stuff.co.nz

Hi guys again

Just in case people from overseas do not know what the APNK (Aotearoa
People's Network Kaharoa) is, it is the national library network around New
Zealand. The following link will give the locations of the libraries where
the screen reader can be used. You can go up to any computer in those
libraries on the network and use a copy of NVDA. They also update the copy
of NVDA once a year to the latest version at that time. The link to the page
and statistics etcetera can be found
at http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries

One of the other links in the news article is about when NVDA went onto this
network so that any one who needs adaptive technology could use it if
needed.

Gene NZ
Hi guys

I had a phone call this morning from a local newspaper who came out to do an
interview out of the blue.
It is about the first person in New Zealand getting the NVDA expert
certification. I was a bit surprised, but pretty happy with the article
itself!

The article is about the certificate and some other NVDA related articles
and a little bit pointing towards the Accessibility Central website where
people can find more information on NVDA and other blindness related
topics.

So, hopefully NVaccess has some more hits coming their way as well as the
word getting out more about NVDA!

Here is a link to the article below.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/94132707/stratford-man-becomes-new-zealands-expert-on-international-screenreading-programme

Gene NZ
--

Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New