Re: NVDA/Unresponsive Apps

Gene

I suspect this problem may not be solvable.  We'll see what developers have to say but I suspect that there is some sort of sequencing in which NVDA receives information and that there is some reason that NVDA doesn't process other information.  But to a certain extent, this can be tested.  Do other screen-readers do this as well?  I suspect that when NVDA expects information from an application, it would cause problems to have other applications be able to interrupt and have NVDA speak something and normally, this wouldn't be wanted.

From: Rob
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 9:31 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA/Unresponsive Apps

Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:
> Off the top of my head I would say that if nvda needs access to a file and
> the drive is so slow and caching so small that there is a delay then there
> is going to be a delay no matter what you do. Best wolld be to make sure
> thedrives do not go to sleep in the first place.

The drive sleeping is not relevant here. It's an example of behavior, not the whole point of the message.
The point is that while the app is unresponsive, NVDA is too. The whole computer is not unresponsive, just that one app. I've seen this happen with Skype sometimes too, but I can't nail down a specific instance right now since I don't use it very often.