Re: Unable to install NVDA on Windows Vista laptop

Arlene

Hi there: Do you have all your vista windows updates? How old is your laptop? If it’s a 2008 or 9 build I don’t know if it makes a difference. I wonder if Microsoft is not supporting vista no more. You may have to upgrade it to 7. I had a friend who still has her vista laptop. She got it in 2008 just before new years. Her computer goo roo updated it to 7. It runs better.  Just a thought. If your vista laptop can handle 7 then you may have to upgrade to 7.

From: Jessica Finch [mailto:JFinch697@...]
Sent: April-07-16 6:52 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Unable to install NVDA on Windows Vista laptop

I recently downloaded NVDA and attempted to run the install. The install program did not run. I attempted again but it still did not run. This laptop is running Windows Vista. I have installed other programs from this account.

Any suggestions on what I can do to install NVDA?

Thanks, Paul on behalf of Jessica