Re: NVDA and combo boxes

Don H

I was a Window Eyes user for over 20 years. When the writing was on the wall that WE would be discontinued I started learning NVDA. I did also take up VFO on their offer to get Jaws for free but I am currently using NVDA as my primary screen reader. So I am not saying there is a problem with NVDA and conbo boxes I am saying I am still learning and come accross some things I still don't understand. I am finding people on this list very helpful to me as a NVDA newbee.
Thanks

On 6/29/2017 4:48 PM, Gene wrote:
Are you saying you haven't had this problem with previous versions? Your comparison to Window-eyes raises the question as to whether you have used any previous versions of NVDA. Also, I don't know if NVDA automatically goes into forms mode when you enter a combo box. If it does, perhaps pressing enter when you are already informs mode is doing something. I think it is much better to turn off automatic switching between browse mode and forms mode. That may eliminate such problems. Then you would press enter when on a combo box to go into forms mode and then use alt down arrow. Alt down arrow is a Windows command. it should work in any screen-reader that honors Windows commands.
Gene
----- Original Message -----
*Sent: *29 June 2017 22:00
*To: *nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject: *[nvda] NVDA and combo boxes
I am having some problems with expanding combo boxes using the latest
Version of NVDA on a Win 10 system. With Window Eyes when on a combo
box you pressed enter then expanded it with alt downarrow.
Thanks

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.