Brian's Mail list account
Yes well all list servers seem to be struggling at the moment. Whether this isdue to isps using more stringent black listing or not I am not sure but its very hit and miss.
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@...>
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2017 5:11 PM
Subject: [nvda] Important announcement: say goodbye to NVDA Add-ons list on Freelists
Dear NVDA community:
In June 2017, citing bouncing and other problems, the add-ons community
announced migration of NVDA Add-ons list from Freelists to Groups.IO. Apart
from porting the archive from the old to the new facility, list migration is
Background: In 2012, NV Access unveiled NVDA 2012.2, bringing with it a
completely new way of extending NVDA: add-ons. The response was phenomenal:
it spurred innovations in the NVDA community through add-ons, with add-on
authors forming a community in May 2013 to coordinate add-on reviews,
release announcements, and share tips and tricks. This community was
initially hosted at Freelists until June 2017 when bouncing issues and other
problems caused the community to consider migrating to Groups.IO, a new
mailing list provider that offers tons of features such as group wiki,
databases, hashtags in messages, subgroups and so on.
To subscribe to Groups.IO NVDA Add-ons list, send an email to
email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> .
When asked to confirm, please do confirm.
With the list migration complete, the following will take place:
1. -I (Joseph Lee), the director (owner) of the NVDA Add-ons Freelists
list, hereby declare Freelists list closed, effective immediately.
2. I advise everyone on the Freelists list to unsubscribe immediately.
To do so, send an email to nvda-addons-request@...
<mailto:nvda-addons-request@...> with the subject line of
"unsubscribe" (without quotes) and confirm if requested.
3. Anyone left by July 15, 2017 will be unsubscribed automatically
unless you are having difficulty signing up for Groups.IO list.
4. Archives of Freelists will be preserved as a historical artifact. I
do have the offline copy of the list archive and am working on moving that
to Groups.IO version.
5. References to Freelists add-ons list will be modified to point to
the new list.
1. The community will start accepting review requests. When doing so,
please use #AddonReview hashtag. See the hashtags list below for details.
2. An internal database will be used by the community to record add-on
information such as name, author, version and notes from the community.
3. The RSS feeds from the add-ons website
(https://addons.nvda-project.org) will be sent to add-ons list as an
integration. This is useful for add-on authors to announce release of an
NVDA Add-ons forum organization:
* Owner/director: Joseph Lee
* Owner/NV Access rep: James "Jamie" Teh
* Moderators/add-on review directors: Noelia Martinez, Derek Riemer,
* Anyone can serve as reviewers. Noelia, Derek and James S will serve
as chief reviewers and will coordinate reviews and reviewers.
Hashtags list (Groups.IO):
* #AdminNotice: important announcements from admins and moderators.
* #AddonRelease: reserved for add-on release announcements.
* #AddonTesting: information on add-on development and snapshots.
* #AddonReview: reserved for add-on review requests and responses.
And with that, let us say goodbye to the old list and say hello to the new
Joseph S. Lee
Student (communication), California State University, Los Angeles
Translator, code contributor and community add-ons reviewer, NVDA screen
Certified NVDA Expert, 2017