From: "Travis Siegel" <tsiegel@softcon.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2017 7:19 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Issue reading HTML email in Thunderbird

Make sure you have thunderbird set to show simple html, this will
prevent several issues with spammers, but will also allow NVDA to read
things a bit better.

With the full blown html, there are things that NVDA doesn't handle
well, though it's rarely NVDA's fault, it's the html code that folks
haven't a clue how to writ themselves, so they use programs to generate
it for them, and some programs don't do a very good job of generating
html code that is standards compliant.
This may not solve your problem entirely, but it probably will help.

On 6/30/2017 6:23 AM, Justine wrote:
Hi
I can no longer get NVDA to read my HTML emails in Thunderbird one
line at a time. This means it is impossible for me to edit parts of
the email. It will only read the email from start to finish. It is a
HTML table with several rows. It won't even read one character at a
time, only the whole table.
May be a very simple answer but I am not a tech genius and cannot find
an answer in the user guide. As I am running a business from home this
issue is causing great frustration. Worked perfectly fine in the past
and fine in plain text emails.
Not sure if issues started with latest update of NVDA as have auto
update on, same with Thunderbird, so all current versions installed.
Using desktop with Windows 10.
Or it may have changed as every so often NVDA crashes and resets to
factory defaults. And will not re install my saved profile as well for
some reason and as so many preferences I cannot remember them all! So
perhaps just needs the right option ticked in settings. But which one?
Please help, thanks
Justine