1, no visual support. If i'm working and want to show something to a sighted person from the remote computer i can't

2, this is more of a question than a dislike i guess, Anyone know how this would handle a multi user environment on windows server? Could i log in remotely or would i have to get the login some other way?

Thanks.

On 7/1/2017 9:45 AM, Chris Mullins wrote:
NVDA has a remote add-on which has been around a couple of years and is excellent. It is very easy to use and does not have any restrictions as to the operating systems of the remotely connected machine. The current version also supports Braille output.

Cheers
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Norman
Sent: 1 July 2017 14:20
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Remote Desktop

Hi.

As i understand it the home versions of windows don't allow connections to be made to them. You can use a home computer to connect to any computer but you can't connect to a home computer.

"Ralf Kefferpuetz" said

Windows Remote Desktop connection works great with NVDA. It just needs a NVDA copy installed on the remote computer. I log into the remote system via remote desktop, hit control-alt-n and then I can manage the remote computer.
Windows remote desktop sends the sound back to me, since windows remote desktop deals with sound redirection as well.

This works reasonably well as long as you have good connections on both ends. However, if the connection slows down you can get a lot of delay from when you press a key and when the computer responds. I still want a deticated remote desktop addon like jaws has because that works even better than the setup discussed above. There was a project for something like this about 2 or 3 years ago but it seems to be abandoned.

"Kevin Huber" said.

If I access my office computer from my PC through Remote Desktop, the copy of NVDA on my Office computer reads as I expect it to, but when I press insert-t to here the title of the windo, or when I press insert-q to shut down the copy of NVDA on my office computer, the the NVDA on my home compyuter responds, for instance, when I am in Microsoft Word on my office computer, and I press insert-t, my home computer responds by reading the title of the window where my home computer has focus.
What can I do to stop this behaviour and make the NVDA on myy home computer relinquish control of my keyboard?

This is a setting in rdp options. Before you connect you will have to go to the settings. To do that go to connect. When it asks you to choose a computer do so and hit tab until you here show options. Press space to activate. Go to the local resources tab and set as desired.

HTH.

On 7/1/2017 9:04 AM, Chris Mullins wrote:
It's in all flavours in one form or another. I just managed to remotely connect to an old XP laptop using my Windows 10 home machine. The sound isn't very good but it's usable. Not as good as connecting via the NVDA remote add-on though.

Cheers
Chris

Well is this in all flavours of windows in use at the moment or just 10.
Last time I tried it it failed on 7, but somebody else said it was very laggy.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-