Re: Stratford man becomes New Zealand's expert on international screen-reading programme | Stuff.co.nz

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi everyone (including those of you at NVAccess)

Thanks - it means a lot to me! I just had another look on that page and see there are now 2 of us in NZ! Matthew Rudland from the Blind Foundation has also just passed his NVDA expert exam! Congratulations to Matthew (if you are on the list). It's good to see that someone from the New Zealand Blind Foundation has now done the test and passed. I guess that means the kiwis currently outnumber the aussies by 2 to 1 for the current certification. I'm sure this will change in time as more certified people come online down under and around the world.

Here is the  link to the certification page https://certification.nvaccess.org/

Gene NZ

Congratulations Gene!  A great article, and accompanying picture.  (The picture with the article shows Gene working at his computer but turned to his left to face the camera).

From all of us at NV Access, we're very proud of you, and all our experts!

Quentin.

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 3:43 PM, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
Hi guys

I had a phone call this morning from a local newspaper who came out to do an interview out of the blue.
It is about the first person in New Zealand getting the NVDA expert certification. I was a bit surprised, but pretty happy with the article itself!

The article is about the certificate and some other NVDA related articles and a little bit pointing towards the Accessibility Central website where people can find more information on NVDA and other blindness related topics.

So, hopefully NVaccess has some more hits coming their way as well as the word getting out more about NVDA!

Here is a link to the article below.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/94132707/stratford-man-becomes-new-zealands-expert-on-international-screenreading-programme

Gene NZ

--