Re: NVDA not announcing paste or copy when using control-C or control-V

Gene

I just tried the add on.  I didn't test it thoroughly but it worked correctly when I tested it in Notepad and when copying a file to the clipboard.  As I've said for a long time, if JAWS and System Access can do this, and know when material is actually being copied, pasted, etc., then I doubt it is that difficult to do.

My impression over the years is that it is a matter of ideology for the main developer or developers.  They claim that a screen-reader shouldn't give information that is not available to sighted users.  That may be true in general.  But ideology, when too rigidly held to, produces undesirable results at times.  And I'd bet that sighted people do get some sort of notice.  I don't know what it is.  Does the material appear different in some way or does something else happen?  At any rate, finally, this is being addressed through an add on, though it should be in NVDA itself.

I would say, regarding the add on itself, that the word text and item are unnecessary.  The user should know whether he/she is copying text or a file.  I don't want to be told what I should already know.