Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2017 10:05 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] font attributes not announced

hi

Just make sure when you go to do it under that section it is for the NVDA folder. In that section you will notice other folders they have settings in them for other programs do not touch them.

gene nz

Hi Jim

It should only uninstall the appdata where the settings are kept which is for the installer version. Usually if I have a good working portable copy, I will uninstall the installer version of NVDA then remove the appdata. Sometimes it is wise to reboot the computer so that all those settings are gone. Then, reinstall NVDA from the good portable copy of NVDA. There is a menu for it under tools, to do the installer version from your portable copy. Just follow the directions to install it. Is your portable version just the exe version on a USB stick or did you make a directory and make a shortcut to start it? When you remove the one from appdata it won't affect the portable version that you are using.

Gene NZ

On 7/5/2017 7:34 PM, The Gamages wrote:
Hello Gene,

Yes the portable copy works for the font stuff.
Just to clarify, if I do as you say, is this going to uninstall NVDA? or just the appdata, I believe that, if I just uninstalled NVDA and then re installed it, I would have the same problem because my app data will still be there, I can certainly do as you say but will need to be prepared for NVDA not to work and have another screen reader ready so that I can install NVDA again. .

Sorry if I sound thick, but I would like to know what I am getting myself into.

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

Best Regards, Jim.

Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2017 8:18 AM

Hi

If you want to delete the app data? for nvda press the windows key and the letter R then type %appdata% then press the enter key.

one of the folders will be for nvda. you can either delete it out or go into the folder locate the nvda.ini file then rename it old which some do but find it easier just to delete the directory. Then use the alt  f4 key to close that window. then reinstall from the portable copy..

does the font stuff work on the portable copy correctly?

gene nz

On 7/5/2017 7:01 PM, The Gamages wrote:
Hello,

The portable copy worked, I have shown hidden files etc and found
program data on the c drive, but no mention of NVDA in here at all,
anything I am doing wrong?

Thank you for further comments.

Best Regards, Jim.