Re: Way Off Topic!!!

√ėyvind Lode

As already mentioned the way to go for formatting the system partition
is to boot into the the talking wpe.
You can also start the installation process from WPE.
I've moved to W10 now and I recently did a fresh/clean install only
using the W10 boot media.
Microsoft made the installation process fully accessible as of W10
creators update released april of this year.
I used the windows media creation tool to download windows 10 and
create a bootable usb flash disk.
I then rebooted my machine and brought up the boot menu and booted from usb.
I waited a bit to be sure Windows 10 setup where loaded on the usb
disk and I then pressed ctrl + windows + enter to start narrator.
I then deleted all partitions on my laptop containing my old w8.1
installation and recovery and created my own partition scheme and
installed a fresh copy of w10.
The laptop rebooted once and I then pressed ctrl + windows + enter
again to complete setup.
A very well done job by Microsoft making the install accessible - even
on a blank hard drive.

On 8 July 2017 at 20:24, Carlos <gmjc341961@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello:

The windows.old directories will not go away no matter how I try to get
rid of them with disk cleanup!

Disk cleanup sees them and the check box is checked for deleting.
However! Disk cleanup seems to be unable/unwilling to delete them!

I currently have four windows.old on the root directory. That is why I
may need to do a fresh/clean install of any windows OS and for that there
needs to be a disk reformat!

Being blind and living alone really s___s!!!

Thank You! for reading my message!

On 7/8/2017 10:36 AM, Chris Mullins wrote:

Could you give an example of a folder theat will not go away?

Cheers
Chris