From: "Carlos" <gmjc341961@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2017 9:09 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Way Off Topic!!!

Hello:

When I try to delete them with file explorer. Or, for that matter,
any other file management software. When trying to use the
wipe/shred/destroy function I get a file not accessible/file does not
exist/file not available error messages!

So, I guess I'm stuck with having all those windows.old files on my
machine.

Today I upgraded from win8.1 to win10 and the windows.old family
has now grown to seven directories!

I have been using PCs since the days of DOS 4.0 to the present and
this one is very hard to understand why it's happening?

Thank You! For all your help!

On 7/8/2017 1:08 PM, Gene wrote:
I'm sure there is a way to delete them without using Windows cleanup.
You don't have to reformat just to get rid of such folders. Have you
tried deleting them using Windows Explorer? If that doesn't work,
there are utilities that allow files to be deleted that are being kept
from doing so by the operating system showing them as in use when they
aren't.
Others may have more information.