From: Carlos
Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2017 3:09 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Way Off Topic!!!

Hello:

    When I try to delete them with file explorer.  Or, for that matter, any other file management software.  When trying to use the wipe/shred/destroy function I get a file not accessible/file does not exist/file not available error messages!

    So, I guess I'm stuck with having all those windows.old files on my machine.

    Today I upgraded from win8.1 to win10 and the windows.old family has now grown to seven directories!

    I have been using PCs since the days of DOS 4.0 to the present and this one is very hard to understand why it's happening?

    Thank You! For all your help!

On 7/8/2017 1:08 PM, Gene wrote:
I'm sure there is a way to delete them without using Windows cleanup.  You don't have to reformat just to get rid of such folders. Have you tried deleting them using Windows Explorer?  If that doesn't work, there are utilities that allow files to be deleted that are being kept from doing so by the operating system showing them as in use when they aren't.

Others may have more information.