Re: vlc nvda add on commands

Tony Ballou

Hey Gene,

Absolutely bro!  Your talking gospel!  It sure would make sense. It felt like I was having to be my own language translator when I first started using the program back in the day. I may have a list of the keyboard shortcuts for the VLC media player around here somewhere.  If so I'll put them up.

tony 

On 7/9/2017 3:50 PM, Gene wrote:
There are  no commands specifically for the ad on.  the add on announces things that occurred before but without speech so you didn't know that anything was happening or if you did, you had to memorize or guess what.  After the add on is installed open VLC player and tab.  You will tab through lots of items.  To change the state of an item, press enter on it.  The space bar doesn't do anything.  Letters that are short cut commands take actions which are announced.  I don't think the commands you can control by short cut commands are in addition to those you can perform by tabbing.  I think they are some of the same commands.  I don't know how many are provided.  If you get a list of short cuts for VLC Player, you can try various letter shortcuts.  One of them, for example, is shuffle on and off.  The letter r controls this command.  In the list of short cuts, this is described as random.  Wouldn't it be nice if VLC player documentation used the English language as we know it?  The generally accepted name for the command is not random, but shuffle. 

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2017 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] vlc nvda add on commands

Where have you looked?

On 7/9/17, Tony Ballou <cyberpro224@...> wrote:
> howdy,,
>
>
> There's a tutorial on using the VLC Media player add on at the following
> website
>
> www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda
>
> Hope this helps.
>
>
> Tony
>
>
> On 7/9/2017 1:53 PM, The Wolf wrote:
>> Hello where in the vlc add on do you go to find the list of commands
>> and how to use the add on? when looking I can't seem to find any info
>> on how to use the add on
>>
>> Hank
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.