Re: Avast, Avira, AVG or Sophos?

Bhavya shah

Hi Brian and Gene,
Alright, thanks for the clarifications about any third-party anti
virus program I choose to utilize not being complimentary but
substitutive.a replacement. Whilst my Internet records are quite
clean, I require to interact with multiple USB flashdrives which again
are a great agent of spreading viruses, which I may or may not always
be able to quickly scan before copying a file over quickly and
ejecting. Additionally, while I may not be completely cogent or
objective in my desire to install an alternative anti-virus software,
I have had recent problems with my computer, and those started around
the time Windows Defender started giving alerts of detecting threats
and removing them. All in all, I reckon a supposedly more 'advanced?'
option may prove productive as a long term measures, thus the
question. Since AVG and Avast are such, and Avira, I believe, was
acquired by Avast in the recent past, would Sophos be an obvious
recommendation indirectly? The other programs Brian mentioned aren't
accessibility-vouched, plus I am somewhat hesitant to be adventurous
at the present instant (due to upcoming school examinations).
Apologies for any lack of proactivity from my end in terms of
thoroughly exploring and analysing all available options.
Thanks.

A bit of expansion and clarification may be in order. You can run more than
one antispyware program, such as Malware Bytes but you can't run more than
one antivirus program or more than one program that is a combination
antivirus program and antispyware program in combination with any other
straight antivirus program or combination program. If you want to know what
program to run in place of Windows Defender that is an antivirus or
combination antivirus and antimalware program, that question can be
addressed.

If you want to know what straight antispyware program people recommend to be
run in addition to what you are running now, that can also be addressed.