Re: Avast, Avira, AVG or Sophos?

Dejan Ristic

I use Avast! free antivirus on Windows 7, 64bit, but to make it NVDA-accessible, I am obliged to have self-defense turned off. It is also packaged with a browser called Avast Safe Zone Browser. It happens that I sometimes run into web pages Avast antivirus considers possibly dangerous, and it blocks me out of them so that I may not have access to them, even if I try it.

On 7/12/2017 8:12 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,
I use a Windows 8.1 machine, and usually evade all dodgy websites,
particularly ones involving social engineering. Thus, I am in need of
a simple, powerful and accessible anti-virus tool to compliment the
built-in Windows Defender (which I deem insufficient).
To thoroughly limit the scope of this question, because I am aware
that accessible anti-virus pertaining discussions have taken place
endlessly in the past, which of the following four would a general
consensus in the NVDA community recommend - Avast, Avira, AVG or
Sophos? Please note that my personal focus would lie only with the
free versions of the aforesaid programs.
I would truly appreciate any assistance.
Thanks.