Re: Avast, Avira, AVG or Sophos?

I would have to disagree, sophos killed several files immediately and I can't seem to find how to get them back all false positives stuff I had allready excluded in msse.

I sent a message to nvda list.

I may retry again as soon as I can get the system to work right again.

I have just restored the system again and luckily only lost one update to windows.

On 14/07/2017 4:35 a.m., Nimer Jaber wrote:
Hello,

I recommend Sophos here. It runs great on all machines I run it on, and it
is accessible. It allows me to manage up to ten machines I believe, and
just runs great. Highly recommend, and reviews are very favorable, although
I have also seen some tech experts recommend that most users stick with MSE
these days... still, call me old-school, I can't recommend that an
individual run an anti-virus program by an OS vendor... let Microsoft do
what they do well. Anyway, that is an opinion, and the ratings for MSE have
gotten better lately.

In short, yes, I recommend Sophos.

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 10:42 AM Kevin Huber <kevin.huber1@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Gene:

You have a good point. In fact, I rthink that you are quite right I
never thought of the fact that one might become afraid to venture into
something new.

thanks for pointing that out.
Kevin

It is better to base opinions on facts as much as possible rather than
assuming or hoping based on a generalization unsupported by facts or
statistics. Assuming the worst can lead to not taking advantage of many
online opportunities because of fear not based on what facts indicate
should
be one's attitude or approach.