Re: Win 10 Creators update makes NVDA almost unusable

Mohit Singla

Thanks guys I have been able to fix it. Tyler's suggestion to disable enhancements worked and now NVDA is extremely snappy and well responding.

Here is what I did:
In control Panel go to sounds and then the Playback devices tab
Open Properties of Playback devices and go to the Enhancements tab.
Under Enhancements Check the box Disable all sound effects
Press Ok and Ok again on the Properties Tab
You will see the effect immediately.

Thanks a lot for suggesting the solution.

Cheers
Mohit

Mohit Singla
M: +91 9811211507

On 14-Jul-2017, at 4:22 AM, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@...> wrote:

Yes, it seems this today update turned the PC a little faster...

Rui

-----Mensagem Original----- De: David Moore
Data: 13 de julho de 2017 23:47
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] Win 10 Creators update makes NVDA almost unusable

Hi,

I am using latest Creators build of win10 and the latest NVDA snapshot, and my computers are more snappy then ever. I just wanted you to know.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

De: Mohit Singla

Data: 13 de julho de 2017 22:14

Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io

I have tried using narrator and it works fine and is very responsive. I have

also uninstalled NVDA and run it from a portable copy but the problem

remains.

Mohit Singla

M: +91 9811211507

On 14-Jul-2017, at 2:23 AM, Tyler Spivey <tspivey@...> wrote:
For curiosity's sake, does this happen with Narrator?
Here's a possible fix:
1. Search for sound in the start menu and launch the Sound control panel.
2. In the list, find your default playback device and press space.
3. Find the Enhancements tab, and check Disable all enhancements.
4. Press OK to close the properties dialog, and OK to close the Sound
control panel.
On 7/13/2017 1:37 PM, Mohit Singla wrote:
Hi,
I am having the same problem and I have detailed it in another thread. I
am using Microsoft SAPPI 5 and have tried it on espeak and vocalizer as
well. I have tried removing all Addons and also got rid of the windows
app essentials.
My problem starts right from installation.
Thanks in advance and let me know if I should follow this tread or the
one I created.
Mohit Singla
M: +91 9811211507
On 14-Jul-2017, at 1:34 AM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...
<mailto:joseph.lee22590@...>> wrote:
Hi,
Do you have any add-ons installed? If so, restart NVDA in safe mode
i.e. add-ons disabled.
Cheers,
Joseph