Re: Serious bug found in Thunderbird

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

Roger in particular, check your local folders item under account settings. Move down the tree to disk storage. Tab until you get a group of radio buttons referring to deletion of messages. Use the up/down arrow keys to make sure that the 'don't delete any messages' item is selected then tab to the OK button and press enter to save the settings. This _might_ be incorrectly configured to something else--in which cases, message may be deleted upon close or upon some other factor.

I'm not having problems with thunderbird either. It's working great for me.

On 4/8/2016 8:12 AM, n8mnx@att.net wrote:
I also don't have the problem of thunderbird deleting messages either and I never have I have been using nvda and thunderbird for several years now.
Brian Sackrider

On 4/8/2016 10:15 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:
You are lucky! I've turned off the feature to get messages every so many minutes so the problem will never happen again. What happened is I hit the escape key to silence speech and I expected it would just close the message but what really happened is another message was automatically opened and when I closed that one, I found the message I had been reading was just gone. I consider this problem solved for now as I've shut off the cause of it. Guess it will be up to the Thunderbird folks to really sort it out.

Roger

On 4/8/2016 12:20 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Roger,

Using the latest Thunderbird, I do not have this experience. I have my Thunderbird set to receive messages every 5 minutes, and while I do get the pause in reading or cessation or reading when Thunderbird checks for new messages, nothing gets deleted.

On 4/7/2016 5:03 PM, Roger Stewart wrote:
I was just reading a long email message in Thunderbird when it received a new message. It had to announce this to me and disrupted the reading of the message I was reading. This is just annoying, but the real bug is that Thunderbird auto-deleted the message I was reading! It just went poof, and is permanently gone off my computer. Guess anyone using Thunderbird should immediately disable the auto checking for new messages while the program is running.

Roger

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"