Re: Speech delay in NVDA 2017.2

Brian's Mail list account

Having said that however, a friend got a really annoying issue on a screenreader solved by a remote session from PC World. It was not nvda though.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 9:18 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Speech delay in NVDA 2017.2

I don't know if you've gotten to the part of the thread where turning off enhancements was recommended. Considering the spotty record of the disability service, that they cause new problems for many people they help whether they solve the original problem or not and they recommend and do things that are not going to solve the problem and may cause completely unnecessary problems such as uninstalling Office, which should not be done because it breaks accessibility working properly in NVDA, it is a much better idea, unless not possible, to ask about a problem here first. The list should not be the last resort. You often get better help on good lists than from places like the disability service or computer shops.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 3:10 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Speech delay in NVDA 2017.2

For me it just seems to be NVDA when used with anything. I've not tried Narrator, but JAWS is fine.

And coincidentally I am also running it on a Lenovo Ideapad 510.

Last evening I had a Microsoft support session and the technician recommended returning to Win 10 Anniversary edition. That turned out to not be as easy as it could have been as I didn't have a restore point. Contemplating a full on reload of Win10, but concerned how much of my setup that will trash.

You could try running the compatibility troubleshooter on NVDA. For me it didn't make any difference.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.