Re: question about turning pages in ADOBE READER DC using NVDA as my screen reader

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

It's been a long time since I used that product, but in the olden days, it used to be control page down for next page and control page up for previous page.  I believe the edit menu also contained a go to page option that you could use if there were a table of contents reverencing chapter and page numbers to tell you where to go.

Best,

Erik Burggraaf

On Apr 8, 2016, at 1:05 PM, Laurie Mehta via Groups.io <lauriemehta@...> wrote:

Hi,
I just saved a pdf from a website and want to read it but the keyboard commands for turning pages do not work for me. I am working with Windows 7 and reading the pdf with ADOBE READER DC. NVDA is my only screen reader choice.

The text on the page reads but for some strange reason I cannot turn pages or scroll to do continuous reading using only the keyboard. If someone uses the mouse on my pc NVDA can read onward through pages, but having somebody mouse through this lengthy document for me is not a solution.
Is there something I'm missing in terms of using the keyboard and NVDA to read through this pdf document? the arrow keys do not work as the view menu says they should.

Thanks,
LM