Re: Google Drive new version mystery

Felix G.

Hello,
the reason for this update is that it has now become a full-featured backup solution which can backup and sync folders from the computer, not just within the Google Drive directory tree.
Once the dust settles this will be a good thing actually.
Kind regards,
Felix

Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> schrieb am So., 16. Juli 2017 um 12:48 Uhr:

Well I just uninstalled it and had to do a massive clean out of broken
active x and start up entries for windows in windows 7 as it kept trying to
reinstall it after the uninstall and even when I thought it had gone I could
not remove its folder till I used autorun to remove the extra crap.

What a bloomin mess. Somebody needs to do more testing.
 So how can I reinstall the old version without it keeping on saying I'm
running an old version and wanting to update it all the time. I only want to
swap files  from one folder. the new version even if the dialogue text was
accessible which its not and even if it did not pop up at every  start up
which it does and even if it actually worked when you clicked the tray icon
instead of falling over, which it won't, its overkill.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-