Re: a good news for those who say nvda becomes silent for them after minutes in browsers and says unknown

Gene

It's not a bug.  Windows doesn't know to keep the screen-reader from coming up because no keys are being depressed.  Manufacturers have said for decades that screen-savers should not be on when using a screen-reader.

Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2017 2:29 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] a good news for those who say nvda becomes silent for them after minutes in browsers and says unknown

Actually, I do consider this a bug, because as long as my screen reader is talking, the machine shouldn't go to sleep, it's still doing something, even if it's not visible to a sighted person.

Apple is bad with this too, and it's something that has irritated me for years.

I don't know what is happening on your machine but JAWS usually does stop when a screen-saver comes on and has done so as long as I've heard about the issue.  People should set the screen saver setting to none.  This isn't a bug or anything that should be reported.

Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2017 3:59 AM

should i report it in github?
because sayAll does not stop after activating screen saver for jaws users.