Re: a good news for those who say nvda becomes silent for them after minutes in browsers and says unknown

Andre Fisher

It's not a bug, because a screen reader is what it is, a screen
reader. If a screen saver is active, then a sighted user would not be
able to tell what's on screen either. Notice that say all stops when
the screen saver is active.

It's more of an enhancement.

On 7/16/17, Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...> wrote:
Nope, still consider it a bug. There are routines one can call to tell
the computer you're doing something, and there's no reason why jaws et
al can't put said calls into the screen reader so that the operating
system knows something is active, and you shouldn't start the screen
reader. The os manufacturer knows the screen reader is doing something
(after all, it is the one sending the notifications the screen reader is
responding to), so they could easily notify the system not to go to
sleep. Nope, can't agree here, still a bug.

On 7/16/2017 4:30 PM, Gene wrote:
It's not a bug. Windows doesn't know to keep the screen-reader from
coming up because no keys are being depressed. Manufacturers have
said for decades that screen-savers should not be on when using a
screen-reader.