Re: Problem with reading pdf

afrim maja <afrim.maja@...>

Can you really read documents on iPad and not on windows? That is relly strange. By the way, what kind of software do you use on your iPad to read the document?

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 9, 2016, at 2:57 AM, Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William <cwwong.pro@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, I do use Omnipage or Fine reader as well.
But I though it is strange that why the text can be read on ipad but not on my windows.
If the text is to be extracted through OCR, it is definitely that may have little mistake when compareing with the original copy. Ihope if the text can be read on my windows, then I can copy them directly.

Clare Page 於 8/4/2016 17:33 寫道:
Hi!
I've been sent plenty of .pdf files where NVDA says the file is either blank or needs OCR. This isn't a fault of the .pdf reader, such a message is usually caused by the fact that the contents of the .pdf are an image rather than text. Interesting that such a file showed up as text readable by Voiceover on an iPad: I can't explain that!
However, as regards a solution to the problem of such blank-looking .pdf files on Windows, I use Omnipage, the OCR program I have here, to make the text in such files accessible, even though this usually means having two copies of the file, because the text version is in another format, usually Word in my case.
I'm not familiar with other OCR programs on Windows, but I would guess that at least some of them have a similar function, where image files in .pdf containing text can be converted to formats like .rtf or .doc which are more accessible.
I hope this helps!
Bye for now!
From Clare

-----Original Message-----
From: Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William [mailto:cwwong.pro@gmail.com]
Sent: vendredi 8 avril 2016 09:58
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problem with reading pdf

I have try both pdf reader dc and Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro both failed

Aravind R 於 8/4/2016 15:19 寫道:
I TOO HAD SAME PROBLEM WITH ADOBE READER DC SO I DOWNGRADED IT.
SO FRIENDS GUIDE US HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM

On 4/8/16, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com> wrote:
hi.
if you are shure that your pdf books is not Ocr and its usual
document which is changed to document, you can also try balabolka.
its free and can read many document formats.
you can download it from its original website.

www. cross-plus-a.com

thanks for asking and god bless you.

On 4/8/16, Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William <cwwong.pro@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I got a pdf file, when I open with Adobe pdf reader DC on my windows
7, it said it is blank or require OCR.
However, when I send the pdf to my Ipad via dropbox and ope the pdf
with dropbox, the screen reader there can read all those text
content, as if it is totally accessible.
I am not sure how to fix this issue. Cause I need to extract some of
the information from the pdf.....
Do I open it with alternative pdf reader? any recommendations? or
any other advice?
thanks
William
written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins
them good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good
things and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from
them their burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for]
those who believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the
light which has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org