Re: Google Drive new version mystery

Well I tried to install old google drive and old google drive may exist but its all that way now.

I have this new drive photo sync on my aunt's new system so she could use it, are you saying I should get rid of it.

On 16/07/2017 10:48 p.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Well I just uninstalled it and had to do a massive clean out of broken active x and start up entries for windows in windows 7 as it kept trying to reinstall it after the uninstall and even when I thought it had gone I could not remove its folder till I used autorun to remove the extra crap.

What a bloomin mess. Somebody needs to do more testing.
So how can I reinstall the old version without it keeping on saying I'm running an old version and wanting to update it all the time. I only want to swap files from one folder. the new version even if the dialogue text was accessible which its not and even if it did not pop up at every start up which it does and even if it actually worked when you clicked the tray icon instead of falling over, which it won't, its overkill.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2017 9:58 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Google Drive new version mystery

Yes its now called google backup and photos sync.

Saying that if you look for it you can still get drive.

On 16/07/2017 8:22 p.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Just in case this affects others, I've just installed an update for google drive and its now changed its name to google backup and store, but it has also seemingly gathered someone bugs. Firstly, it randomly seems to ask you to log in to its account again, or it may suddenly crash out and present the usual messages about looking on line for a solution etc, or it decides if another window is open for a piece of software to bring up what appears to be an invisible window over the desk top when said application is closed, needing you to bring up the desktop again.
The tray icon reflects the new name and tells you how long from the last sync it was. Presumably this monitors the state all the time in case somebody else adds a file.
Seems pretty clunky and I see not real reason why it has been altered other than to do the usual Google thing of change for changes sake and to create new bugs.
grin.

.