Re: Problem with reading pdf

afrim maja <afrim.maja@...>

yes, adobe crashes a lot. But even microsoft word crashes on a 400 page book. Audio isn't as problematic as this adobe thing.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 9, 2016, at 7:20 AM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com> wrote:

Well the reason this stuff crashes is that the files are large.
sadly windows thinks things have crashed while they are processing.
adobe often says its not responding, but then so does some of my audio programs, they are just taking a while to crunch numbers.

On 9/04/2016 5:13 p.m., Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William wrote:
No, when I open with balabolka, it crashed...

nasrin khaksar 於 9/4/2016 11:21 寫道:
hi.
if you want to only read pdf files that adobe can read them, please
read them with balabolka!
it at least no crashes for me.
but i tested many versions of adobe reader and it crashed in my pdf
documents even with 123 pages!
so, i completely uninstalled it and said goodbye to you for always!

On 4/9/16, Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William <cwwong.pro@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, I do use Omnipage or Fine reader as well.
But I though it is strange that why the text can be read on ipad but not
on my windows.
If the text is to be extracted through OCR, it is definitely that may
have little mistake when compareing with the original copy. Ihope if the
text can be read on my windows, then I can copy them directly.

Clare Page 於 8/4/2016 17:33 寫道:
Hi!
I've been sent plenty of .pdf files where NVDA says the file is either
blank or needs OCR. This isn't a fault of the .pdf reader, such a
message
is usually caused by the fact that the contents of the .pdf are an
image
rather than text. Interesting that such a file showed up as text
readable
by Voiceover on an iPad: I can't explain that!
However, as regards a solution to the problem of such blank-looking
.pdf
files on Windows, I use Omnipage, the OCR program I have here, to
make the
text in such files accessible, even though this usually means having
two
copies of the file, because the text version is in another format,
usually
Word in my case.
I'm not familiar with other OCR programs on Windows, but I would guess
that at least some of them have a similar function, where image
files in
.pdf containing text can be converted to formats like .rtf or .doc
which
are more accessible.
I hope this helps!
Bye for now!