From: The Wolf
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 11:23 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] using physical mouse with nvda?

ah
that would explain why iy wasn't talking to me when I was trying to scroll down a page.
can you suggest a rpogram that can let me scroll down using the mouse?
I am trying to get the hang of using a mouse its totally forin to me.
also I am totally blind
thanks
Hank

I can use the mouse wheel to scroll in Internet Explorer, at least on Windows 10.

Do you mean have the mouse wheel move the focus for NVDA though?  It doesn't currently do that - what I can do is use the mouse wheel to smoothly scroll the page visually.

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 1:59 PM, The Wolf <hank.smith966@...> wrote:

internet explorer

Interesting, which program are you referring to?

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 1:14 PM, The Wolf <hank.smith966@...> wrote:

Hello

found this in a list of back logged emails

that I have saved.
when I do use the mouse to scroll down using the program with nvda not running then it scrolls when nvda is running it does not.
Hank

Hi Hank,

Silly question, but does the mouse wheel scroll down in the program you are using if NVDA is not running?

I have enough sight to use the mouse as well, and I find sometimes, particularly on say the web, I will grab the mouse if I do want to scroll down and read something further down because I can use the scroll wheel for that.

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 12:30 PM, The Wolf <hank.smith966@...> wrote:
Hello this may sound like a odd question but how do you make the weel on the mouse to scroll down? when I try to use the mouse with nvda the weel on the mouse doesn't do anything.

thanks

Hank

--
Quentin Christensen