Re: System restore

Well I have old erunt but weather that remains working or not is unknown its not for win10 and its not been updated in ages.

I have not tried to restore a registry with it its for xp really but it seems to back it up ok.

On 21/07/2017 9:58 a.m., Gene wrote:
I'm not saying it's at all equivalent to a reversion program but if all you use is System Restore, you should have something else, whether it's adequate or not.

From: Shaun Everiss
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 4:20 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] System restore

That is good but if you uninstalled a program well then loaded another
you may want to get that program or settings back.

I to use a reg backup.

On 21/07/2017 9:13 a.m., Gene wrote:
I have computers where System Restore works reliably in general, and I have one where it doesn't. I'm not sure why. But at a minimum, I think people should have a registry backup program if all they currently use is System Restore. Even if it usually works reliably on a computer, you never know when something might happen. On my Windows 7 machine, all my restore points were lost for unknown reasons. I didn't have to run System Restore at that time, but I couldn't have if I had wanted or needed to. So reliable operation isn't a guarantee of future reliability. I'm saying that because some people might not want to use an imaging program but they might be willing to use something like a registry backup program. I'm not recommending it but I'm saying that something should be used in addition to system restore even if it isn't adequate.